dxw works with the public and third sectors to create great user focussed services and products.
We’ve been around since 2008 and worked on lots of projects that have made a real difference – from designing and operating transactional customer services to helping with strategy and capability building.
We’re looking for talented people who share our values to join us. We think it’s important to have diverse teams, and aim to create an environment where everyone is supported to do their best and feels free to be themselves.
We’re looking for permanent senior developers to join our team at dxw, building software and services for the public sector. We also encourage people looking for flexible working arrangements to apply.
This is a hands-on coding and team coaching role. As a member of the dxw team, you’ll be guiding the development of web applications and services in multidisciplinary project teams. You’ll work alongside other developers, user researchers, visual designers and content designers from dxw and often product owners from our clients.
We work in an agile way and hope to inspire our clients with our practices. You’ll sit with clients as a team when writing and prioritising work, and at times co-locate to clients offices to build the products.
We use extensive code-reviewing through pull-requests to communicate and to share skills and knowledge.
- are proficient in some of the technologies we use and happy to learn about the others
- have commercial experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- are keen to lead technical teams and mentor team members
- are happy liaising with clients, for example, presenting a technical architecture
- are comfortable in a highly collaborative and communicative workplace
- are keen to share skills and knowledge of agile development practices
- enjoy writing high-quality software collaboratively
- are already a keen practitioner of secure coding practices (though all developers receive security training)
- care about helping the public sector build better services
Salary & terms
From £50,000-£70,000, depending on experience.
Details of our benefits package can be found in all job adverts on our website.
Our public sector work means that appointments will be made subject to a background check.
- Annual £1000 personal learning and development allowance
- Interest-free season ticket loans, electric vehicle and cycle to work schemes
- Up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave depending on your situation
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension with up to 5% matching contribution from dxw
- Flexible working to support your wellbeing and personal commitments
- Macbook and home office setup budget