dxw is helping public sector teams to make good technology decisions and build
We’re looking for a permanent, full-time Operations Engineer to join our team at dxw, building software and services for the public sector.
dxw’s technical operations team is responsible for developing, maintaining, operating and supporting our technical infrastructure.
Our infrastructure is cloud-based, and we’re improving and iterating our deployment stack over time towards better and more reliable technologies. The team develops, implements and documents these technologies, working with our developers to understand and assist on their operational needs, and doing other client work as needed.
As an Operations Engineer you’ll contribute to work on our platforms, adding to their functionality and robustness. You will also deal with proactive and reactive maintenance, client support and be part of our regular on-call schedule.
- enjoy discussing and describe technical problems in simple, lay terms
- are a methodical problem solver, with the ability to keep calm in a crisis
- enjoy working collaboratively, as part of a team, towards a common goal
- have experience of deployment and management of virtualised infrastructure; for example, Amazon AWS
- have familiarity with unix/linux systems (especially Ubuntu/Debian)
- have familiarity with popular open source software, particularly core web technologies such as Nginx, Apache, MySQL
- can diagnose basic problems in a variety of programming languages and make or recommend simple fixes
- may have experience using source control systems (in particular, git), using Chef, Puppet or similar configuration management systems and container-based approaches, for example, Docker
Salary & terms
From £40,000-£60,000, depending on experience.
Details of our Benefits & Perks can be found at the bottom of the dxw Jobs page.
Our public sector work means that appointments will be made subject to a background check.
Apply online with your cv and a short cover letter on why you’re interested in the role and dxw at https://dxw.workable.com/.
- Annual £1000 personal learning and development allowance
- Interest-free season ticket loans, electric vehicle and cycle to work schemes
- Up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave depending on your situation
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension with up to 5% matching contribution from dxw
- Flexible working to support your wellbeing and personal commitments
- Macbook and home office setup budget