dxw is helping public sector teams to make good technology decisions and build better services.
We’re looking for a permanent, full-time Head of User Research to join our team at dxw, building software and services firmly centred on user needs.
The Head of User Research will be responsible for user research across all of dxw’s projects and lead the user research team. The Head of User Research will set the tone for research at dxw and ensure a consistent approach to produce the highest quality work.
Leading the research team at dxw means being responsible for the professional development and pastoral needs of the team. You will help the business retain and attract research talent and help us build and nurture a world-class user research team.
As the Head of User Research, you’ll be expected to demonstrate a deep understanding of both qualitative and quantitative research methods and embrace a multidisciplinary, collaborative approach. You will help the team make research findings actionable, helping them to make pragmatic, user-focused decisions.
The role is not entirely managerial as you will be billable for client work, depending on the needs of the team. While hands-on, the nature of this work is likely to be strategic in focus.
- will have several years’ experience delivering and leading user research in a public sector or commercial setting
- will have led and grown a user research team
- will be comfortable delivering research in an agile environment
- will understand how to create strategic value from user research
- will maintain user research at dxw on a commercially sustainable footing
- will work with the team to define process, principles and approach
- will support and lead sales work, ensuring that proposals for new work are deliverable, and will meet our clients’ needs – and those of their users.
Salary & terms
Up to £75,000, depending on experience.
Details of our Benefits & Perks can be found at the bottom of the dxw Jobs page.
Our public sector work means that appointments will be made subject to a background check.
Apply online with your cv and a short cover letter on why you’re interested in the role and dxw digital.
For more information about dxw, visit www.dxw.com or our Playbook where we document the ways we work, our values and our commitments to sustainable pace and openness.
Deadline for applications: Friday 6th July