dxw digital works across the public sector to research, design, build and operate services that make life better for people.
We’re looking for permanent, full-time developers to join our team at dxw digital, building software and services for the public sector.
This is a hands-on coding role. As a member of the dxw digital team, you’ll be developing web applications and services in multidisciplinary project teams. You’ll work with other developers, designers and user researchers from dxw digital as well as product owners from our clients.
We work in an agile way and hope to inspire our clients with our practices. You’ll sit with clients as a team when writing and prioritising work, and you’ll often work from clients’ offices to build the products.
We try to use the right technology for the problem at hand – here are some of the things you’ll end up working with:
- Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- PHP, WordPress and Laravel
- Git and GitHub
- AWS, Docker and Terraform
We don’t expect you to have experience with everything in that list – you can pick up particular skills and tools as you need them, and we’re eager to help you learn.
In project teams we use code-reviewing and pairing to share knowledge and improve our skills. For cross-team learning, all our project teams come back to dxw digital every Friday to work together on internal projects, learning new technologies and sharing things we’ve been doing.
- are proficient with some of the technologies we use and are happy to learn about the others
- are comfortable in a highly collaborative and communicative workplace
- are keen to share skills and knowledge with your team and our clients
- are proud to ship products and services that serve users’ needs
- enjoy writing high-quality software collaboratively
- understand the importance of secure coding practices – all developers receive security training when they join the team!
If you care about collaboration, continuous improvement and building public services, then dxw digital is the right place for you.
Apply online with your cv and a short cover letter on why you’re interested in the role and dxw digital at http://dxw.workable.com/.
We’re committed to building an inclusive environment and broadening diversity across our development team. We welcome non-traditional paths into the development profession and aim to hire the right person for the role, not the right combination of technical keywords.
Our public sector work means that appointments will be made subject to a background check.