Social value statement
At dxw we hold our values high. We work for the public good and strive to make a positive impact through our work in the public and third sectors.
We also want to create social value more broadly through the economic, environmental, and social impact of our actions. As a growing company, this is something we are looking to get better at and do more of.
Social value has many different definitions. To us it is the positive impact we have on improving outcomes for people in the community through our work with clients and as an employer. We want to add more value for the wider community.
As an organisation, dxw has a responsibility:
To care for and look after our planet on behalf of the next generation
We are currently carbon neutral and are working towards being Net Zero. We will:
- measure our entire carbon footprint and offset it using gold standard carbon credits
- work with sustainable and ethical suppliers
- work with clients and suppliers to provide data on their carbon emissions
To help local communities and economies across the UK
We are a national business, with people and clients based all over the UK. Our physical headquarters is in Leeds and we also have a London hub. Operating across multiple locations opens up new opportunities to grow and to get involved in our local communities.
- open up our recruitment channels to improve the diversity of our teams
- create employment opportunities in local communities around the UK through recruitment and our work
- offer meaningful work placement opportunities, and work with educational institutions to deliver careers talks and curriculum support
- offer employment opportunities to people returning to work after an extended break
To actively care for the wellbeing of our staff and create an inclusive culture so that everyone feels safe and can be themselves
We strive to be a genuinely inclusive place for all:
- as an employee owned business, running the company in the best interests of all staff now and in the future
- creating an inclusive work environment for our people, and running an action focussed diversity and inclusion working group to support that
- supporting the overall wellbeing and mental health of all our employees
- offering support to help our employees grow and develop new skills