- Supplier name:
- Publication date:
- 16 November
Commitment to achieving Net Zero
dxw is committed to achieving Net Zero emissions by 2040.
Baseline Emissions Footprint
Baseline emissions are a record of the greenhouse gases that have been produced in the past and were produced prior to the introduction of any strategies to reduce emissions. Baseline emissions are the reference point against which emissions reduction can be measured.
- Baseline Year:
Additional Details relating to the Baseline Emissions calculations:
- dxw engaged C-Free (an external, expert company to help us calculate our emissions).
- This is our first year of reporting.
- The accounting period was September 2019 to August 2020.
- For this base year and initial calculation, dxw calculated 100% of scope 1 emissions, 100% of scope 2, and over 90% of scope 3 emissions.
|Scope 3 (included sources)||112.2|
Current Emissions Reporting
- Reporting Year:
Additional Details relating to the current Emissions calculations:
- We are in the process of finalising our emissions.
- We have provided baseline figures for carbon reporting, which cover our first reporting period of September 2019 to August 2020.
- Our latest figures are currently being finalised for our external assessor. This takes some time to ensure they’re accurate. We expect these to be published well before the start of the framework.
- We will update the link on our website as soon as this is available.
|Scope 3 (included sources)||TBC|
Emissions reduction targets
In order to continue our progress to achieving Net Zero, we have adopted the following carbon reduction targets.
We project that carbon emissions will decrease over the next five years to 98.5 tCO2e by 2026. This is a reduction of 25%.
Throughout the next GHG accounting period (from publication until Oct 2021), dxw will put in place an annual emissions reduction target of 2.5% of scope 1, scope 2and 1.25% of scope 3 emissions. This is in line with reductions required to achieve less than 2 degrees warming in comparison to pre-industrial levels (as set out by the IPCC report).
Carbon Reduction Projects
Completed Carbon Reduction Initiatives
The following environmental management measures and projects have been completed or implemented since the 2020 baseline. The carbon emission reduction achieved by these schemes will be updated when our new reporting figures are published.
- calculated our carbon footprint
- helped dxw become carbon neutral
- held a series of events during Earth Week
- started working towards B Corp status
- offered advice for staff on making ethical and sustainable choices outside of their work at dxw
We have decided to offset 150% of our estimated footprint, with the extra 50% to cover the uncertainty in our calculations.
Additionally we will:
- commit to a year on year reduction in our emissions
- work with sustainable and ethical companies
- challenge our suppliers to actively reduce their carbon footprints as well
- work with clients to provide data on their emissions
Declaration and Sign Off
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been completed in accordance with PPN 06/21 and associated guidance and reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans.
Emissions have been reported and recorded in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the GHG Reporting Protocol corporate standard and uses the appropriate Government emission conversion factors for greenhouse gas company reporting.
Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions have been reported in accordance with SECR requirements, and the required subset of Scope 3 emissions have been reported in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Standard.
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been reviewed and signed off by the board of directors (or equivalent management body).
Signed on behalf of the Supplier:
Director of Client Services
Date: 16 Nov 2021